SPORTS NUTRITION CARE MANUAL® (SNCM®)
Christine Rosenbloom, PhD RD CSSD - Editor-in-Chief
NOW AVAILABLE - Demo SNCM here!
SNCM Features, Update Summary, and Outline - PDF
Content release date: 4/15/2013
2012 content release date: 9/4/2012
Welcome to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Sports Nutrition Care Manual (SNCM). This product contains research-based nutrition information written by authors who are Board Certified as Specialists in Sports Dietetics (CSSDs) from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. You can preview the projected outline and selected pages from the new site by clicking on the links below.
- Research-based nutrition information written by authors who are Board Certified as Specialists in Sports Dietetics (CSSDs).
- Can be used alone or as a companion to Academy’s Sports Nutrition: A Practice Manual for Professionals, authored by the Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) dietetic practice group.
- Printable client education handouts and meal plans.
- Calculators for BMI, energy expenditure, sweat rate, lean body mass, and healthy body weight.
- Online customization tools, including sticky notes, highlighting, e-mail a page, and other useful functions.
- Useful links to the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Web site, including information on becoming a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD).
- SNCM can be used to help you prepare and study for the Sports Dietetics exam and help you earn your CSSD credential.
- Links to the SCAN Web site.
"The new SNCM is a valuable tool for RDs – whether you are a full time sports dietitian or a soccer mom asked to give a talk to your daughter's team, this online resource provides quick, accurate, and relevant information to inform your practice. This online resource complements the 5th edition of the Sports Nutrition Manual and together they make a dynamic duo."
Chris Rosenbloom, PhD, RD, CSSD
The Sports Nutrition Care Manual® (SNCM) is a publication of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.